Volunteer Bitch

Hello sore throat.  I hear you but I do not welcome you.

This cold has been chasing me for the past week.  I’ve been taking a decongestant and doing salt water sinus-flushes and that keeps it at bay but the minute I stop it comes right back.  So, I’m resting and hoping that helps.

Am I the only one that has soup for breakfast when they’re not feeling well?  I usually have chicken or vegetable broth but this morning I opted for chicken noodle - in a can - and I haven’t had canned soup in quite a while.  I guess that’s good though because at least it was here and I didn‘t have to run out.

Oh, in the name of “resting”, I’m heading out of state again next week to care for Poppy (my dad) while he recovers from getting new knees and be his bitch for a few days while my mom is at work. 

Before the surgery we talked and he thought it was funny that he’s going to get to boss me around, perhaps finding mundane things for me to do and wait until I sit down to ask me for yet another thing he doesn't really need and leverage this little situation he’s in. 

But I, oh smart one, promptly reminded him that he may want to think about such talk carefully and that he’s the one that’ll be at my mercy. 

“What are you going to do?  Chase me around the house for that meal you’re so hungry for?  I think not!”

“I’m busy.  I have shopping to do and fingernails to paint.  I'll find your pain killers later."


 “REVENGE IS MINE!”
 

What’s funny (to me and probably only me) is that Poppy is one of the nicest guys in the world and we get along famously so don’t worry, I won’t be playing Nurse Ratched - unless he gets on my nerves.  And then I'll just cough on him a few times.

Comments

Popular Posts