Winter Wonderland

HOLY SNOWBALLS did we get snow!  (Why is there a “balls” theme on here lately?)



If you’re in the northeast you probably started your day much like mine - spending hours SHOVELING - which brings out the neighbors - and I got my big chance to go around to everyone and explain that yes, I am celebrating Christmas even though it doesn’t look like it from the outside.  And yes, I told everyone that they’re not making Christmas lights anymore and they all looked at me like I was crazy.

What?

And I discovered something today.  Apparently, and this is our little secret, I’m not the only one that likes shoveling snow.  I’m fully aware I take great risks saying that but I noticed people were shoveling way more than they had to.  



It was like a neighborhood block party with the customary Bring Your Own Shovel and I got to see all the Hoodlings that I usually hide from.  There was a sense of camaraderie as people helped each other and enjoyed the fresh air that was warming up.

There were (safe and sane) dogs roaming around freely, visiting each neighbor to get petted and it seems my house is the one to pee in front of as each one of them had to layer their own scent and try to be Top Dog.


And now, it's quiet in Hoodville.  That makes me happy.


Comments

Popular Posts