Untitled

I’ve been expecting the Politically Correct Police to show up here and harass me for using the word “retard” yesterday.  Not once, not twice, but three times -  because three times is a….   Well, you get the point and I simply want to be charming.  

I’m not feeling very charming today though.  It’s a gray Monday and I don’t feel like doing a damn thing.  I’d like a week of lazy Sundays please and thank you very much kindly.  I hope I’m not the only person that feels that way today. 

I did get my Christmas “tree” up and decorated and it’s so nice to look at with the lights and shiny things that I’m thinking about keeping it up all year.  What?  That’s not normal?

I’m serious.  What if I just change out the decorations to match the seasons and holidays?  I used to have a neighbor that did that.  He’d put up little flags and red, white and blue ornaments for the Fourth of July and pastel eggs for Easter.  I’d tend to his bird when he traveled and always looked forward to seeing how he had it decorated.  Yes, he was gay and I’m pretty sure he still is. 

I could pull it off too, because my “tree” consists of taking a piece of thick evergreen-looking garland and spiraling it up a metal plant stand.  I add in clusters of red berries, birds and fruit ornaments and white lights.  It never occurred to me that it’s an outdoorsy looking tree and I‘m becoming a bit of a lumber jack type gal these days so go figure. 

Speaking of Christmas, if you’ve already done all of your gift shopping and your presents are all wrapped and your cards all mailed?  We don’t want to hear about it!  That’s private and only makes the rest of us feel bad about all we have to do.  Besides, aren’t you supposed to wait until you’re in the “spirit” and tired and rushed to venture out there to fight with traffic and stand in long lines?

Do I sound fussy?

Big cheesy grin.

Comments

Popular Posts