New Year Road Map

For Christmas I had a couple of my photographs enlarged and framed to give as gifts.  I was really pleased with them and hoped others would appreciate them too.

The cool thing is, they did.

Not only did they appreciate them, but they stared at the images for a long time asking what I’d charge for something like that and saying that people would love photos like these and I should send them off to this and that magazines.
 

I sat there listening to their comments and compliments hoping they weren’t conjuring up fake enthusiasm just to make me feel good.  But after more than an hour long conversation about how I should travel around taking similar pictures and sell them at artisan shows and how they know a couple of people that make very lucrative livings doing nothing than photographing bicycles for example, I realized that maybe they really meant it and perhaps The Universe was knocking at my door trying to get me to LISTEN.

I hear you!

It’s funny too because not long ago, I wrote about what I was looking for here.   And there I was, on Christmas Eve, listening to them lay out the road map that matched similar criteria I wrote about, saying “Go here.”    




Horse Saddle

So, I didn’t accomplish anything great this year but I have a direction I’m pursuing and we’ll see where it takes me.  Maybe it’s capturing interesting images, maybe it’s a path leading me to something else.  The cooking knife was very cool, but their enthusiasm and belief in me was the best Christmas present. 

I wish you joy in the coming New Year and may your dreams, unfold before you.  


Comments

Popular Posts