Letter to the Universe

It’s been a disappointing day here at Micki Michelle Headquarters. 

I know this is selfish and no one really cares about this but me, and I can barely stomach what has happened -

My favorite sandwich shop closed.

I‘d like to take a moment…






 

Where will I find a cranberry walnut chicken salad bistro sandwich now?  Or a wasabi roast beef wrap?  DAMN.  I’m glad I was there not long ago for what I didn’t realize would be the last time.

My world has felt so unpredictable lately.  First, everyone around me started having heart attacks, then someone gave me money - which I refused - and he died the next day, and now my sandwich shop has closed. 

Unpredictability can be a good thing though.  The theme running through my head these days is OPPORTUNITY.  And a lucrative opportunity would be preferred  thankyoukindly.   I’m putting this out there like it says to do in The Secret and also to document where I am at this time.  If it doesn’t work, I want my money back.


**~**

Dear Universe,

I’m asking for the opportunity to work with other outstanding people such as myself in some creative and lucrative capacity.   This would involve some traveling and collaboration on something creative such as writing and photography (which I know little about but I'll learn!).  (Come on, someone take a chance on me.)  Somehow, this would also involve helping people and touching their lives as well as our own.

I ask for this special group of people to focused, intelligent, understanding, adventurous, funny, and fun to be around.   I highly respect the group, learn from them and they become like a second family.  I find this opportunity to be highly enjoyable and unpredictable where every day is different.

I ask for this to be an adventure that is challenging and fulfilling, knowing I am stretching beyond what I thought I was capable of and it’s something I want to share with others.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Micki Michelle
 

**~**


They say you have to know what you want before you can ask for it, or go for it.  Being single and childless frees me up for almost anything.  I know you’re supposed to be very specific but this is the closest I’ve come to identifying what I’m looking for.  I’ll clarify if I become more clear, or maybe the Universe can fill in the blanks. 

If you think this is stupid - fine.  I admit it can look a little hocus-pocus, but haven’t we heard time and time again that you’re supposed to get really clear about what you want, attach emotion to it and then put it out there (go for it)?

I’ve done stuff like this before and had life-changing results.  Things start to shift and it’s usually in subtle ways that you’re not always aware of until you get further out from the initial request.  And it doesn’t always show up as you expect.  Sometimes it’s better.


Comments

Lori said…
Glad you posted this. I thought you were going to ask the universe for a sandwich, but you didnt. I guess you and the new posse will be hitting lots of sandwich shops while you are out there doing what you do!

Are you maybe supposed to become a documentarian?
Micki Michelle said…
Damn! I didn't even think of asking the Universe for a sandwich. Good one.

And I'd never considered being a documentarian. Is that a word?

Another good one. 2 points for you!

Popular Posts