Christmas Conspiracy

Ok, there’s something very interesting going on in the stores around here.  You cannot find ANY Christmas lights in any color, shape or size.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zip-ola.  And it’s been like that for at least a week.

I’ve been to every place I can think of and even have a couple of friends looking for me while they‘re out doing their shopping.

“One-hundred feet?  Or more like 25 feet?”  they’d ask about the length I need.

“Yeah.  Sure.  Any of them will do.”   I’d reply with a smirk because THEY DON’T BELIEVE ME about there being no Christmas lights to be found.



I hang a garland of thick evergreen with pine cones, red berries and white lights around my front door every year and it’s not my fault I didn’t get to it until a week or two before Christmas.  I’m busy, you see.  There are showers to take and meals to eat and - I have to get dressed everyday too.  But now, I’m the neighbor who looks like they’re not celebrating this year.  Everyone else is all done up with festive lights in all kinds of colors and inflatable Santa’s and when I catch a neighbor outside I make sure to tell them they’re not making lights anymore and I needed one strand to replace an old one and, and,….now it’s too late.

It’s a Christmas Light Conspiracy.  Maybe there’s a ban on future lights.  Maybe it’s a ploy to create hype and desire so they can bring back the Great Lights and everyone will celebrate only to find out the price has doubled on this little treasure that we all took for granted.  I’m taking notes for my own business if they’re able to pull this off.   




It’s all very weird in the stores too.  What I found today - besides no lights - was a lot of empty shelves and prices slashed 40-50%.   There’s a local store that literally converts itself into a Christmas haven every year and they‘re not carrying anything Christmas this year.  I think the retailers are very concerned about getting stuck with excess inventory.  And I guess there really is no conspiracy.


We’re in the beginning of what’s supposed to be a HUGE snowstorm here and I actually made soup today.  More on that later.

Comments

lori said…
YAY for soup! Your photos are beautiful!
Micki Michelle said…
I don't know much about photography, I just do what I think looks nice so THANKS Lori!

Popular Posts