And Now, A Word from Our Sponsors

I want to thank the people that voted in the poll about the weekly revolving picture up top.   I like it and I‘m glad you approve.  My aim was to set a mood and have it reflect the changing seasons.  Plus, I get to experiment with photography which I’m trying to learn.

From the beginning, my main goal here has been to challenge myself and my writing abilities and hopefully provide a little entertainment.  It's about my life and I enjoy poking fun of it - it’s my therapy.  It's not always pretty (FLEAS AND TICKS AND SNAKES, OH MY!), but it's real.


“Misplaced Super Hero gets trapped in The Hood with no way out because she doesn’t earn enough money to seek safe shelter - no matter how hard she works or what super powers she possesses.  She has her own business providing freedom but not enough income and on the side she waitresses and loves hates every minute of it.  What will happen next?”



Yeah. 


Thank you news flash.  I’m going to go stick my head under the covers now.


…*…


Something I want to mention - the ads listed here have products that I’m interested in and I wanted to share them with you.  I don’t want them to distract from the reading because I’ve been to those sites where advertising is splashed in your face.  I don't like it, and that is why Coupons.com is at the bottom of the page.   All that damn blinking  drives me crazy, BUT the savings are impressive and worth checking out.

Anyone know how to get your cursor to stop blinking?  Why can’t it just be a red dot or a black square or something?

I included some photography companies because obviously it’s an interest of mine, although I'm an amatuer.  You can put your pictures on mugs (great personalized gift idea for teachers) and make books out of your photos and Canvas On Demand turns your picture into a canvas.  It’s not cheap, but it looks really cool.   I’d do a family portrait on canvas because it’s classic or do a big landscape so when you’re indoors in The Hood you still feel the escape of the great outdoors. 


ICaughtSanta.com is neat because you send in pictures of your home and they place Santa, The Easter Bunny, etc., in the photo so you can prove to your children that he actually was there.  You gotta admit, that's cute.


I feel like a tutorial but I really do like the ideas they're coming out with.

There’s a small commission when a sale is made through this site and Lord knows, I’M TRYING TO ESCAPE FROM THE HOOD AND PAY FOR FLEA KILLER.  But don’t be too jealous of me and my glamorous life - it’s (literally) a buck here, a buck there - sometimes a dime or two.  I’m not packing my bags yet, and I‘m not quitting my day job - but I’ll keep on writing.  


Comments

Popular Posts