Thanksgiving

The music in this video is meant to play in the background while you read.   Artist George Winston, gives a quick intro and the rest is music.  It's meant to be read slowly. 







My furniture is old and doesn’t match.   

I have wall-to-wall carpeting.  My car is five years old.  I live in The Hood.

My handbag is ordinary, as are my clothes.

My fingernails are not professionally polished, but they are neat.


I’m a part-time waitress.


I prefer mom-and-pop style restaurants because they have character. 


I like to go out to dine, not just eat.


I doubt myself a lot, but I like myself a lot.

I’m not perfect yet.


There’s been intense sadness and struggle.

There’s been a lot of love.

I’ve learned a lot.


There were times I didn’t want to live.

I’m here because I chose to be.

I’m glad I made that choice.


I believe in God, but not in one religion entirely.

Angels are real.

They have to be.

 

I'm blessed to have a close family.

This was not always the case.

I’ve spent holidays alone.



I know what it’s like to have everyone tell you about the fun they had on their holidays and then ask about yours.

I appreciate those quiet times now.

I understand they had meaning.



I respect and admire my friends.

They still like me.


Adventure and scary excitement are thrilling.

I walked on fire twice.



I hiked to the top of a mountain alone on the other side of the country.

It was one of my favorite experiences.


I've gotten lost in the woods.


I enjoy listening to people.

I know how important it is to the other person.


I enjoy laughing so hard I cry.

I once spit out chocolate milk on my white duvet cover from laughing so hard.

The stain is still there but I don’t mind.


I embrace the courage to be different.


I appreciate random acts of kindness.

A smile from a stranger.  An honest compliment.


I’m in awe of nature‘s beauty.

The stillness and quiet serenity wrap around me like a blanket of comfort.


I love music, poetry and art.

I understand the unbridled passion and the raw honesty of baring one‘s soul. 


My labels are not something you can find on the outside.

They are uniquely my own to be discovered.  And just as the seasons change, so will they.
 

I am grateful for it all.  

Happy Thanksgiving 




Comments

lori said…
Giving thanks for my very talented friend and her creativity!
Micki Michelle said…
Lori,

Thank you so much for the kind comments. Nice to know someone's reading this!

Popular Posts