Hello November

I managed to eek out a new recipe at the last minute and it was good I tell ya.  It's sort of a gourmet rustic breakfast and gives a new twist to an eggs and bacon breakfast.

Take a good bread that you like, tear a hole in the center, line the bread with ricotta cheese and add an egg or two in the center and bake it.  I found two eggs are better because there's so much bread.

The thick-cut bacon is baked with a combination of freshly squeezed orange juice and honey, giving it a subtle sweetness.

I found the recipe in a Martha Stewart magazine that's been showing up at my house for some reason. 

You can find the egg recipe here and the bacon recipe is here.

Martha and Julia would be proud.

Enjoy!

Comments

Judy said…
The bacon is awesome. Did not try the egg.

Popular Posts