Black Friday and the Caribbean

Why is it so tiring driving a couple of hours each way over the course of a couple of days?  All you do is sit there and steer, and sometimes use a little concentration.  It takes the same amount of effort it does to watch a movie with a complicated plot line but yet, it’s still tiring.  My big journey.  I’m SO exhausted. 

I had the nerve to drive by a big store on Black Friday.  And I kept on a drivin’.  I’d hear on the radio-


Happy Black Friday to all the Shoppers out there!

SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!



Enough with the enthusiasm.  I’m exhausting myself with all the apostrophes.  



There’s nothing I’d loath more than to get up at 5am, rush off to packed parking lots, fight with other shoppers and stand in long lines for a “bargain“.  It reminds me of the people that go to three different grocery stores to get the best deals.  If you factor in the time and fuel of running around, you probably lost money. 

Nothing against the people who do that.  It’s just not for me.

If I’m getting up at 5am to rush off to a jammed parking lot full of people, it’s going to be at an airport and I’ll be traveling to some Caribbean island and the long line I’ll be standing in will be to check my bags. 

You know what I just realized?   That just might be the perfect day to travel because everyone else will be SHOPPING! SHOPPING! SHOPPING!  

The only way it’d make sense for me and my situation to venture out on Black Friday is if I were making a large purchase.  Can you buy houses on Black Friday?  How about a condo?




Comments

Popular Posts