Sunday

My day looked like this-
 







And this-






And I loved it.  The meal I had was fish and potatoes and after I was done I overheard myself thinking, "DAMN that was good."  Satisfaction.

I wanted to go to a pumpkin patch or do something Fall-ish but it was gray and rainy here and there was this voice telling me, "Do not go into the light.".  I’ve been working a lot and on the side asking people if they'd like fries with that, and next week is going to be a flurry of activity.  SO, a day of rest was welcomed.  

It’s 8:30pm and I’m still in my pajamas and you know what?  I feel great about it.  And if someone asked what I did this weekend I can hold my head up high and proudly say, “I read a book.”  Smile.  (Did you notice the SIZE of that book on the table pictured above?  The whole 600+ pages of it?  The one that's been sitting on my nightstand for a year?) 

I haven’t turned on the television or radio or computer until now and it’s been luxurious.  Really.  You should try it.  Does the soul good.  Besides, my hips hurt from the jog/walk I did yesterday and the 10 bazillion steps I took afterwards working at the restaurant.  Why is it my legs never hurt?

Here’s my meal for the week.  You didn’t think I forgot, did you?

Does this count?




Special K Chocolately Delight


Hee.
 

Actually, I made sausage and broccoli rabe and I haven’t even tried it yet because I had other things in the frig to eat before that.  The restaurant where I sometimes work graciously gives us dinner late at night.   I usually take a few bites and bring the rest home.  Sometimes I freeze it in case you wonder how I survive.         

You rinse the broccoli and put it in a pan to wilt until desired texture.  Cook the Italian sausage in another pan, drain and mix the two together.  I also add salt, pepper and sautéed garlic .  You can use sweet or hot italian sausage.   I figured I'd start with sweet because I can always add red pepper flakes to jazz it up.   


Broccoli Rabe before cooking



Broccoli wilting in pan



Broccoli Rabe with Sausage and Garlic

For the Non-Cooks - be careful how long you sautee the garlic because it burns quickly and turns bitter.  I think you just cook it till it turns golden.  (You Cooks can stop laughing at this bit of elementary advice because I hear you.)  

I haven't tried it yet, other than to taste for doneness, so I don't have a specific recipe to point to.  Just be brave in the kitchen and keep a frozen meal ready as a back-up.
 

Comments

Popular Posts