The Good Life

I decided to spend my time in a mansion today - just to confuse my psyche and see if I’ll be comfortable if I ever win the lottery or my work suddenly commands millions of US dollars.  And I can say with absolute confidence, that I will be just fine living “the good life” thankyouverymuch.

A while ago I posed for a local artist who does sculptures and I was invited to see the result of my fineness  his artistry.  He named it “Shoot For the Stars” because he thought it was a funny paradox with me living in the Hood and all.  Hilarious isn’t it?  Knee-slapping, eye-watering, bent-over-at-the-waist funny.  I risk my life living here FOR MY CRAFT and you mock me with a permanent display?  

So there on the estate my bronzed self was, in all its hardened glory-




 
Isn’t she pretty?

Ok, so it’s not really me and it’s not called Shoot For the Stars (that I’m aware of) but I’ve secretly named her that and I think it was a message from the Universe to aim high, Believe in something greater than myself, or stand outside naked balancing on a ball with a bow and arrow on a strangers estate.  I was actually there on a work-related tour and there was no artist, no posing for high society, but in my mind, oh in my mind it was exciting and the possibilities were endless and it felt good.    

Maybe the message was to live in my imagination more.

Or maybe it was simply to Believe.

Comments

Popular Posts