Chicken Enchiladas & Spanish Rice

I've outdone myself.  I'm very proud of this one and if I may say, it's outstanding.  

I've never made chicken enchiladas.   I don't even order this dish in Mexican restaurants.  When I was making it I was picturing chicken quesadillas so when the recipe said to "roll" the tortilla instead of leaving it flat I took a second glance and decided they knew what they were doing.  


Chicken Enchilada & Spanish Rice


I used a combination of recipes so I don't have anything to link to but I didn't use cream soup like a lot of the recipes call for.  It has garlic, onions, butter, flour, ground coriander, salt/pepper, sour cream (I used fat-free), chicken broth, jalapenos, black olives, chicken, a mixture of three cheeses rolled in wheat tortillas.

The Spanish rice was from a box with the spices included.  I just added diced tomatoes.  Not only was this meal delish-i-O-cious, it's very filling. 

Gotta go.  Food Network is calling - wants to see me ASAP!  I knew my big opportunity was just around the corner.  On with the cape!

Comments

Popular Posts