Busy-ness

All is well here, just busy.  

I hate when people say that - but I am, but I'm not bragging about it as is the fashion these days.  I'm usually not busy unless I procrastinated and left things until the last minute - and then I'm busy.  It's actually poor planning in my case when that happens.

I like being busy sometimes though, and a busy business is a good thing whereas a busy-body is not.  Shouldn't a "busy-body" be physically healthy or least in shape?  Something you should want to be?  I wonder how the term came to mean "one who gossips" and what would happen if we started calling gym-obsessed people busy-bodies.   I guess it means they rapidly moved from one person to the other "spreading the word" with their gossip.  And maybe by doing so, it also kept them in shape.  I'll have to take note of the physical condition of the so-called busy-body gossipers and see if there's anything to it.

I used to have this friend who was ALWAYS, SO, BUSY.  Neither of us had kids or a spouse but we both had our own businesses and I would get everything done that she did, without the whirlwind.  I guess we just had different styles but it always made me wonder what she was so busy doing.

A 17-year-old recently told me that I was a non-conformist.  Maybe that's why I'm not busy all the time.  

"Never confuse motion with action."     

                                                                                                      -Benjamin Franklin


 

Comments

Eileen said…
I'm just catching up with your blog. Couldn't wait to read the posts I've missed and I wasn't disappointed. You really have a wonderful way of looking at things and it lifts me up to read your entries. You always make me smile and often even laugh out loud. Can't wait to see what you do next!
Micki Michelle said…
The Great Artist has spoken! I'm humbled, and thank you Eileen. I'm sure there'll be plenty of blunders and mis-steps on this journey to keep you and others entertained.
susan said…
Nice , I need to get more organized I always say that but a few days later I am back to being disorganized again.

Popular Posts