Love Your Neighbors. ALL of Them

I just caught a glimpse outside of my window and there they are again, cleaning their damn pool.

All summer long I’ve seen these neighbors cleaning their pool, checking the Ph or whatever it’s called, bringing in friends to view it and praise it, having ceremonies to worship it and stare at it for hours on end.

They wake up early just to check on their pool. At 6 o’clock in the morning I’ve seen this guy out there with his little skimmer cleaning that damn thing. And I’m not kidding.

“Is it still there?”

“Is it ok?”

“Is there anything I can get for it?”

Sweet.

This pool runs their house, I just know it. Some people have kids, some have pets, some have a pool and it’s their OBSESSION. The best part is, they don’t swim in it. I’ve seen them in it a time or two, but that’s about it. It’s a backyard trophy. Maybe that’s what it’s like when you have a pool.

I shouldn’t complain. I live in The Hood and someone is taking painstakingly good care of their property. I have a feeling these neighbors have moved “up” and that’s why they are so proud of their above ground pool in The Hood. I have a bath tub, a sink and a bowl of water so what do I know. Maybe I’d be the same way. (I probably would but don’t print that.)

One thing I know is - if I’m going to swim in any pool, it’s going to be theirs.

Now where’s my invite?

Comments

Popular Posts