Valentine

On the eve of Valentine’s Day I wanted to wish all the Lovers a happy one. I never bought into the one day we’re to celebrate love hype. It is a Hallmark/restauranteur/chocolatier and florist’s dream day though. And that’s some brilliant marketing.

I will not be “out there” celebrating. I am isolated and under lock-down from society so I do not spread my germs to all the Lovers.

It’s not about one day to me though. It’s about the culmination of your days and experiences together and not everyone has that someone special. So being that it’s a holiday about Love, Love yourself. No chocolates, poems or flowers can ever match the love you give yourself.



Comments

Anonymous said…
maybe you need to go and get you some chocolate! i bet that is what you have not tried to kick the crud you have been suffering. so how bout it? nestle' quick? swiss miss with some melted hershey bars in it? come on, you have tried everything else but, haven't you!
Micki Michelle said…
Chocolate--Now that's the kind of medicine I'm talking about! Although, I've never had swiss miss with melted hershey bars in it (interesting) and it's been many years since I've had nestle quick.

My gig? Ghirardelli 'Intense Dark' chocolate. It's 72% chocolate with a lot less sugar than most chocolates. I didn't like it at first, it tastes different, but somehow I started craving it. Another one of those things my friend Suzy turned me on to.

Popular Posts