Day Four

Here’s how I started my day-


I am Bobble Head Soup Natzi. It's lentil soup and I have no idea where I got the energy to make it. See recipe here -
http://vegetarian.about.com/od/soupssalads/r/crockpotlentil.htm
I’m adding Italian sausage and escarole because the recipe was a little too healthy.

Mr. Cold has moved to my chest, and for anyone that knows me, I don’t need any more help in that area. I’ve been blessed enough, thank you.

The other night I drug myself to the drug store to get some drugs. I couldn’t take it anymore. I needed RELIEF in a bottle, so I drank a lot of whiskey.

I kid, although that was the cure-all growing up. Momma’s gonna love me for that.

As I was entering the drug store reality set in that I was in public and I didn’t remember dressing myself properly because I ran out so fast and my head had been in the clouds for days from fevers and being sick. I looked down praying as I scanned myself.

"Shoes. Check."

"PANTS? Oh Lord, Please…..check."

"Whew!"

"We’re good."


I knew I was wearing a fleece because I could feel the warmth but frankly, I wasn’t sure about the lower half of my body.

I approached the pharmacist in the back, he took two steps backwards to avoid the plague I was carrying, and in some pathetic voice that I still had left I asked him for the best shit he had and told him I just needed to sleep, or to be put to sleep. I don’t remember.

And that’s how I ended up with Nyquil. I only took it the one night and I did get a decent night’s sleep.

On the way out of the drug store I almost started crying. The tears started welling up and that's when you know you’re sick in a pathetic way. You're suddenly 4 years old and looking for your Momma and your blankie, or comfort of some sort.

But I had Nyquil! And I was going to Dreamland and that was all I cared about.

Comments

Anonymous said…
escarole? What's that?
Micki Michelle said…
It's a dark leafy green. You'll find it with the lettuces in your grocery store.
Periwinkle Ink said…
And bless the universe for Nyquil! That stuff knocks me out for 18 HOURS, and I'm NOT kidding!! But when you wake up, you just know you had a great night's sleep, cold or flu or whatever.

And my make-me-feel-better-food isn't quite as healthy as your soup.... it's Rice Krispies Treats! Yup! ALWAYS make me feel better.

Hope you're doing better!
Micki Michelle said…
Rice Krispie Treats? Why didn't I think of that? It's been years since I've had those, and now I'll start craving them thank you very much.

I'd just assume have pizza for every meal but I'm trying to avoid dairy right now (and I'm craving milk!).

If I could sleep for 18 hours with Nyquil I think I'd be healed...for LIFE. I got 7 or 8 hours the other night but I didn't sleep straight through.

Thanks for the well wishes Periwinkle!

Popular Posts