Co-Ed Laundry Mats

I was at the laundry mat today. I hadn’t done laundry in a month, since I was sick, so I had to wash every single piece of clothing that I own.

I filled three large washers with germ-soaked clothes and bedding and stood back. As the water and soap poured over them, joy poured over me. My world was getting clean and who knew I’d feel such strong emotions about clean clothes. I am, a simple girl.

Ahem!

What?

Simple?

*Smiles*

I suspect these laundry mat patrons are reading my blog and the complaints I made in “Laundry Voyeur” because the most unusual thing happened today. The genders were divided. It was neat and orderly with men on one side, women on the other. And everyone kept to themselves with no glaring sideways eyes trying to catch you holding up your bras and thongs. Just eyes fixated on the television or on their own folding. Oh my little Hood-lings how I want to scoop you up and hug you and whisper sweet nothings in your ear, but I won’t, because that would be weird.

I’ve concocted the perfect routine too. While the clothes are washing, I have exactly the right amount of time to get to the bank and back leaving 3 minutes until the clothes are done. Then, in the dryer they go for 30 minutes. I head to the grocery store one building over and when I return there are perfectly dried clean clothes waiting for me. A quick fold and call it a day. Just call me Quincy Efficiency.

And as I’m leaving my perfect-laundry mat-gender-divided patrons what do I see? A tiny sweet-looking elderly woman driving through the parking lot with a big ‘ole cigar hanging out her mouth. And that’s what makes Hood Living so colorful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You go girl!! You have the life.

Popular Posts