Consider This

Another awards show this Sunday. Could we celebrate celebrities any more?

I don’t know what’s gotten into me. I think it had to do with the presidential election and watching all the celebrities crying and saying now we can be good people. They made that pledge saying what they’re going to do to change the world and make it a better place. Diddy (formerly Puff Daddy and P. Diddy) said he pledged to turn off the lights when he leaves a room. Yeah, ok. Like the rest of us haven’t been doing that all along because it INCREASES OUR ELECTRIC BILL, and it’s wasteful.

I used to be a big fan of Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood. I’m proud to say I weaned myself although I admit, I watch TMZ not because of the celeb coverage, but because the cast is really funny, and, I have a small crush on the young blonde guy with the long hair. And I don’t even like long hair on guys.

Back to my point-

I question why there are so many events and shows celebrating what they did at work when you’ve got middle class America busting their asses to pay the bills, feed their families, provide medical care, cook and clean and spend ¼ of their days commuting back and forth to work. AND, to top it off, a lot of people don’t even have jobs anymore. But here we sit, watching these people, many of whom, have maids, nanny’s, cooks, personal assistants to run all their errands, gardeners/grounds keepers and chauffeurs, get recognized for what they did at their jobs.

There should be an awards show for non-celebs who do a great job. And I don’t mean just doctors and lawyers. I mean people like teachers, sanitation workers, factory workers, letter carriers, road crews, farmers, engineers, waiters and secretaries. The backbone of America. The people that are keeping things running.

Everyone’s talking about this new shift in consciousness because we have a new president. I’m all for being a good person and doing good things for other people. It didn’t take the new president for me to figure that out. I’m also a big fan of movies and entertainment. I appreciate their talent, but I see the hypocrisy in “the stars” telling us what to do while they’re living lavishly and excessively.

I almost wonder if there will be a backlash on Hollywood, like there was on Wall Street. It’s different, but it’s interesting if you think about it.

I know many of them donate money and time to charities. And that’s fantastic. It’s the double-standard I’m referring to. They deserve to live well. They offer something that people want – entertainment. It distracts us from our daily lives and we get enjoyment out of it. But while you’re crying that the children of Africa or wherever are starving, you’re still wearing that $2,000. gown and sipping champagne at high ticket parties. Perhaps you’d not take part in that and give more, since you have more. I’m not bitter, I’m asking you to put your money where your mouth is.

I’d like to see the paparazzi outlawed and all the celeb magazines go away. Leave them alone. Let them stand on their merits alone and stop bothering them while they’re shopping. Who cares how many times they go to Starbucks. And I know someone is going to think – but that would eliminate so many jobs! Was this job really contributing to our new “higher conscious”?

It’s a new day allegedly and I’d like to see the celebs rise up.

I gotta credit Angelina Jolie of all people. I don’t remember exactly what she said but it went something like this- She showed up at some awards show and when they asked her who she was wearing *rolls eyes* she said it was a $40. dress from The Gap. Amen Sister! That’s what I’m talking about. Keeping it real.

And why you ask is there a picture of a fairy Barbie here? Because I’m trying to keep all the pictures on here original and taken by me. If I were a celeb I could just photograph myself, or my friends, and call it a day. But I’m not famous and never wanted to be and it’s the best I could do.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Amen, sister!!!!!

Popular Posts