Shades of Blue

I’d never thought of mood in terms of color before but it’s an interesting thought. I started the year as a vibrant cobalt blue that slowly faded into a grey-ish blue. Now, I’m slowly working my way back into a middle-of-the-range blue.

How many shades of blue can a girl be? All of them I guess because I multi-task like that.

Therapists could adopt this technique for their less-introspective clients. “What color are YOU today?” I can just see the looks and confusion.

Next time someone asks what color the person was they could respond with something other than black or white. Maybe they could see beyond skin color. Besides, it IS a time of Change and Hope, right? And if you still have your mood ring you could cheat, and say whatever color the ring says. Your therapist will love your insightfulness.

I wanna be red, orange, pink or baby-grass-green. Even periwinkle or salmon would be soothing, but I’m stuck in mid-range blue for now and the color blue is not a favorite of mine. It’s a nice color, it just doesn’t define me or feels too common.

Tomorrow there will be a lot of people that will be red, yellow, orange and pink and all the colors that are on fire as the new President is sworn in. And there will be the people that see only black, brown and grey in their disappointment and disapproval. I’m still, somewhere in the middle.

What color are you today?

(I tried repeatedly to get this pic clear. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
the pic looks clear from here. very cool!
Anonymous said…
If you were to define your life according to the range of colors shown in the picture, I believe that everyone would find themselves in most of the colors at one point in time or another. Hopefully, most of us are in the happier, brighter or energetic colors more than the sad, drab ones. However, I have found myself in many of the colors but do enjoy more being in the same wonderful colors as Micki enjoys.
Micki Michelle said…
Lori,

Thanks for letting me know about the pic. I gotta get my eyes checked, seriously.
Micki Michelle said…
Anonymous,

You're absolutely right and oh so kind. There's a whole spectrum full of different colors and shades and hues.

Years ago I worked in a bridal salon dying shoes and hand bags to match wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses and did you know there were 120 different shades of ivory?

Even ivory can be brightened up or greyed down. It's all in how you're feeling it!

Popular Posts