No Slacking Day

It’s officially No Slacking Day at Micki Michelle. It’s the start of eating healthier and getting back to exercising. The alarm was set for 6:30am so I could exercise before work, but someone kept hitting the snooze button. I suspect the cat had something to do with it. She likes to sleep in but that too will coming to an end, slacker that she is.

The good news is, I followed through with making healthier food choices and documenting what I ate.

I didn’t plan this but Oprah is following my lead and its great reinforcement. Today she started a Best Life series about getting back on track and getting more balance in your life. I said in an earlier post that in 2008 I worked less, but had more fun and in 2009 I’m seeking more balance. Oprah and I have so much in common.

A couple notes worth mentioning from her show today-

Ask yourself what you really want and what you’re really hungry for (i.e., love, self-love, attention)
Put yourself back on your to-do list. Schedule manicures, massages, relaxation, etc.
Plan meals and don’t let yourself get hungry. (I prefer to graze all day with 3 smaller meals and 3 snacks.)
Include cardio exercise and resistance training in your schedule.

For my Italian friends, I’m requesting low-fat meals with plenty of fresh vegetables, chicken, fish and salads. I have a feeling I won’t be invited over as often. Maybe I need to stay away from them and their fabulous foods and with any luck I’ll maintain this for more than a day-and-a-half.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i am a big fan of fried foods with dog hair, so i know you will not be wanting an invite to my place! heh!
Micki Michelle said…
If it's low-fat count me in. Nothing like hot dogs with dog hair. Call it "authentic cuisine". I crack me-self up sometimes.

Popular Posts