Cheap Labor

In the old days, people had kids for labor. They needed the extra hands to work the fields, help with the animals and do chores around the house. There was a lot to be done and they made it work by procreating. If you can’t hire your labor or afford to, create it. All you have to do is house it and feed it. Genius.

I have a cat. I can leverage this! Imagine the work we could get done.

I’ve watched her repeatedly sleep the day away, wait for me to serve her meals, clean her litter box, brush her, play with her and entertain her all the while working to pay for our ‘stuff’, like food and this place in the Hood we call home. How did I become the servant here? That’s what it boils down to. We’re serving them and the joke is on us. Yeah, they give us unconditional love and even entertain us if they feel up to it after their long hard day of leisure.

Well, things are changing here. What happened to earning your keep, we’re a team, and all that? Get off your furry-lazy-ass and contribute. “This area here?” (see my hands scanning the living area), “This is the no-slacking-zone.”

So, I shaved her arms, made a shower cap for her head, bought a stool and am making her resident dish washer. It’s the least she can do. Besides, it’s quite an accomplishment for a cat. I’m trying to photograph her in her new dish washing position but she’s saying something about needing a “Release Statement” or something.

Shameless.

Comments

Popular Posts