Break for Breakfast


I found this chef on Food Network and I think I've learned more from her than any other chef. Anne Burrell http://www.foodnetwork.com/anne-burrell/index.html is on Secrets of a Restaurant Chef. What I like about her is she's a straight-shooter. She uses words I understand, gets right to the point and makes food that people actually eat. Every day stuff that's practical.

She did a show about making the perfect hard-boiled eggs and it works! For years I'd been following the 15 Minute Rule-
  • Once the water starts to boil, add the eggs and boil 15 minutes. The doneness was always perfect but the eggs would sometimes crack.

Anne's way-

  • Put eggs and water in pot. When water begins to boil, turn OFF heat, cover pot with lid and let sit for 13 minutes. The eggs never crack and they're actually more moist than the 15 Minute Rule.

Voila! Perfect hard-boiled eggs everytime.





The funniest part about me watching Food Network is I don't really cook. I sorta cook or sometimes cook but I LOVE watching other people cook.

Weird, huh?

Comments

Popular Posts