I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas


Snow, that is. While the rest of you in north and west of me are getting hammered with the "Winter Blast" as they're calling it, we're just sitting here in muddy slush. We've been left out again.

I like the snow, don't mind cleaning off the car and actually like shoveling. I know. I should keep that to myself. I think I just like being out in it as long as it's by choice. I'd hate to have a job where I had to work in it and always feel bad for the guys having to pump gas and stand outside all day. Man, that'd drive me crazy.

I don't know if there's a super hero that can insulate against the cold. Anyone know?

I like winter storms because everything gets quiet. People stock the pantry, get cozy in their homes, light the fireplaces and nestle in. I appreciate the calm and it seems the weather is still something that can make everyone slow freakin' down. Few sounds of cars, a hush in the air and periodic glimpes outside to check on the status.

One of the funniest things to me is what happens right before a storm hits. Everyone runs to the grocery store and has the same conversation (the big storm! It's coming! It's coming!). It'd be funny to reply, "Really? Where'd you hear that?", just to mess with them. It's like a big party for the news and weather people. I picture them all excited because everyone's going to be tuning in. This is their moment.

So, I'm jealous. I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas. Maybe I'll go out there and stir up some commotion by telling everyone the storm shifted and we're going to get hit big time. This is the big one!

They'd love that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
HEY THERE! get you some white paper and cut you out some snowflakes and hang them in your windows! they are much nicer! trust me we got ten inches of the other kind today and it is yucky and the dogs are tracking it all over the place. they were actually out there making snow angels today. i think probably what was really going on was that they could smell there was some poop underneath the snow and they wanted to roll around on it. heh! such is the life of a hound in the wintertime. bill is out right now trying to jump start his snowblower so we can get out and go buy some cat food.
Anonymous said…
I'm sure you were a good girl and will get some nice things for christmas.

Popular Posts