You Little Tiger, You

The whole Tiger Woods saga came as a surprise to me.  If you don’t own a television or read the news just look him up.  It’ll be easy to find.

It’s a big disappointment for a lot of people who looked up to him but what seems almost worse is the media coverage.  Blood-sucking paparazzi stalking his every move and speculators conjuring up stories about what they think is going on and what may happen next.  And then there’s people making cartoons about what they think happened.

Sensationalism.  It sells stories. 

It’s the same with actors.  Acting is a job, albeit a very public one and often they‘re known around the world, but after a long work day, don‘t they have the right to go home and be left alone?  I don’t get actors and athletes being public figures and why it’s ok to hound and photograph them incessantly, especially when it comes to their children.  Politicians on the other hand work for us, the people, and should be held to a certain standard. 

I stand back and have to wonder what’s happening to us as a society and where it ends.  It’s a mad feeding fest and it makes me sick to my stomach.    I’ve wondered what it would be like if it was illegal to photograph actors and athletes unless it was a photo shoot, interview or an event like the Oscars.  I know I’m dreaming and many people would lose their jobs, but remember Princess Diana and what they did to her?

And the celebrities - the people that haven’t done anything noteworthy - think Paris Hilton for example -  would be out of their asses.

I’ve admitted on here that I’ve mostly weaned myself from Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood but I’m still hooked on TMZ.  I’m Sorry!  I just watch it for the cast of characters.  They make me giggle - so I’m part of the problem too.

I don’t in any way condone cheating on your spouse, which it is alleged Tiger has done, I just wish people would stand the hell back and let these humans find their way.  Besides, don’t we all have something that has happened in our lives that would make for great headlines?

Comments

lori said…
When I read the news, my first thought was, ~I wish I had thought to purchase golf clubs to beat my former spouse with~...

Popular Posts