Reply

Regarding what I wrote yesterday - someone pointed out that being a housewife is a lot of work and not necessarily easier than what I’m doing.  Easy, Miss Sensitive.  I’ve been on both sides of the coin and I know they do way more than that, but it was my little fantasy and in said fantasy that’s ALL I had to do - oh, and get mani-pedi’s and massages and…

Actually, one of my first jobs was cleaning villas.  Every Saturday morning and sometimes Sunday, I would trek up to this resort and grab buckets filled with cleaning supplies and hike on over to the villas I was assigned to.  I’d crank up the music and get my groove on while cleaning.


The best part was (as if there were really a best part), you worked at your own pace so instead of having a clock tell you when you could go home, it was a competition between myself and time.  Once you were done, your work was inspected and if everything was completed to their satisfaction, the shackles were removed and you were free to leave.  I figured out early on that developing a fast and efficient system were crucial for maintaining my sanity and getting the hell out of there, even at that young age.

It’s hard work, I’m fully aware of that because I’VE DONE IT PROFESSIONALLY.  And I lived to tell about it.

If I could do it over at that early age,  I’d work in the library or a flower store or a boutique filled with pretty perfume bottles.   Someplace where I could wear delicate sun-dresses and girlie clips in my hair instead of sporting a bandana around my forehead and carrying a fashionable mop.  I did make pretty good money though.  I guess that was the silver lining.


Comments

Popular Posts