Weary Sunday Rambling

I’m working right through another weekend and man am I tired.  I woke up, had breakfast and went back to sleep.  Although that “sleep” was interrupted many times by the neighbors below me who repeatedly went in-and-out of their front door slamming it every, damn, time, to where it rattled my bed.  I should be rocked to sleep and instead I’m rattled to wake.

It’s Hood Living at its’ best and I should be tougher than this.  How am I supposed to travel the world to remote exotic places on this energy level? 

Perhaps if I didn’t have neighbors rattling me every 15 minutes I wouldn’t be so tired.

The last post got me thinking.  I’m very grateful to have a business doing something I really enjoy and be able to work (mostly) from home.  I also try to be grateful being a humble servant because it picks up the slack when my business is slow and also, a lot of people are looking for any job just to provide for their families.  I’m just looking for a little excitement - something bigger than what I‘m doing now, and that could even be a part-time thing.  I don’t think that’s so unusual. 

Mostly though, I think I just want peace and quiet from neighbors and the sound of traffic.

I haven’t forgotten the new recipe I’m supposed to make once a week.  I'm still 2 recipes behind, however,  I made this Martha Stewart dish, Moroccan-Style Stuffed Acorn Squashes , because it looked like Fall and it sounds impressive.  Click on the highlighted link for the recipe.  



It’s Ok.  I had a friend try it and she thought it was fantastic.  I met her for a jog/walk yesterday and by the time I got home there was a message on my home answering machine saying she had eaten it in her car and loved it.  She didn’t even wait to get home.  Who has utensils in their car?

It has a slightly sweet taste to it and I’m not used to the wheat bulger it calls for but it‘s supposed to be very healthy.  I don’t know why it cost almost $5.55 for two medium-sized acorn squash though.


I gotta go practice that gratitude tonight as I make your dining experience the most pleasurable ever.  Ugh, yeah.




Comments

Lori said…
Maybe next year, grow some squash?
Micki Michelle said…
For nearly $3.00 each, I'd grow them for the cash is what I'd do. Hell, I'm going to have a squash orchard next year.

My ticket out of The Hood!

Popular Posts