I Have A Dream

I had a dream last night that a bear was walking down the beach.  The waves were rolling in and thinning out, gracefully lapping back-and-forth over his feet.  On his back he carried a box full of sewing machines.  He seemed peaceful, relaxed and fond of the box that he carried so easily.

Out of nowhere, a normal-looking man appeared.  He approached the bear, grabbed the box and ran off.  I watched the whole event from the massive living room window of my beach house - and for things to make even less sense - Ellen Degeneres was a friend of mine.



I don’t know what the hell that means but it’s proof I tell you.  Proof that I’ve arrived and escaped The Hood- even if it is in my imaginary world.   But I can chalk that up to the experts saying you have to visualize your dreams and goals before you can realize them, right?  No one said anything about twisting words around until they suit you.  I’ll leverage that dream and call it a vision of my future.  Me with my beach house and Ellen as my friend and a bear casually walking down the beach with a box of sewing machines on his back.  That's cool.

Speaking of cool, while walking the other day I came across these guys-



They’re still around!  I think they’re honey bees.  Out of curiosity I did a quick search and it looks like most honey bees do live through the winter.  I never noticed them around this late in the season.  Apparently, they are the few insects that survive the winter as a hive and they fare better if they have a basketball-sized hive, as opposed to a smaller baseball-sized hive and for food they use honey they stored during the warmer months.  Who knew. 




I hope bees don’t show up in my dreams now.  I wonder what that would mean.

Comments

Popular Posts