"Now Look What You've Done!"

I've been behind-the-scenes trying to improve things for a more customized look and I'm afraid I've really screwed something up. You may see a totally different look when you come back or nothing at all! I can still post, but I can't move things around or change colors. Basically, the only thing I can still do is post. Bummer and very frustrating.

Stay tuned. Below is tech stuff you can skip over unless you have some input for me.

If any Blogger people see this, maybe they'll chime in and lend a hand.

The following ocured after changing the template-
  • I can no longer click and drag things around in the Layout
  • I can't change fonts and colors. The buttons don't work.
  • Sitemeter is gone and I can no longer add anything in HTML.
  • Tried adding Hit Counter through Bravenet and HTML won't allow anything new.
  • I clicked the Help button on Blogger but didn't find a place to email or call someone for help. They want you to join a group and the group will apparently answer your question. I don't want to join another group! I just want an answer without joining another community that'll clog my email.

What to do?

------------------------------------------------------------------------


I'm adding more to this post so if anyone see's this and can help, it'll all be in one place.

I found someone else in the Help section complaining of the same problem and said it was due to the New Blogger. We're both having the problem of Blogger saying "Javascript void" when you try to edit in HTML. He's saying Javascript is enabled on his end and doesn't understand the problem. I haven't figured out how to enable Java yet - can't find it. Bad blogger.

I switched from IE to Firefox and can now move things around in the Layout and also added a gadget, mainly to see if it worked, and it did.

That's one more thing on the list fixed and for someone like me who is completely not a techie, this is making my head hurt.

--------------------------------------------------------

7:30 pm

*If you're viewing this in Firefox you may not be able to view the videos at this point. There's an issue with the plug-ins. Internet Explorer seems to be working for viewing.

In Firefox I'm now able to change colors, add gagdets, move things in the Layout and added sitemeter back in.

Maybe this'll help someone else if they're having the same problems.

So, I'm happy to report it wasn't me that screwed things up.


Comments

Popular Posts