Down and Out in the Hood

I am one with Mr. Hankie (a South Park reference).

I don’t watch South Park but it sounded funny without my knowing what it actually means.

Maybe I should grow up and say Kleenex is my bestest friend.

I’m sick. I have a cold, a bad cold, and I just know the world is going to end, all because I don’t feel well. My ears are hurting with a constant hum and speaking has an “M” sound behind every word. My eyes are burning and I’m making sounds like an old person when trying to move. You know those times when you regress to being a 5-year-old and just want someone to take care of you?

Funny thing is, when I’m down-and-out, resting and not able to do much I start thinking of all the things I could accomplish while laying around. Great time to write! But I can’t think. My brain is Out Of Service and I’m left with the basic living skills of feeding and cleaning myself. There’s no complex thinking. The plug has been pulled on being brilliant and I’m merely existing and hoping for a brighter day.

Sniff~

I did watch the Super Bowl over the weekend and even though I’m not into football I was cheering and hooting and hollering and couldn’t believe the turn of events in the 4th quarter when Arizona caught up and then Pittsburgh came back and won. Man that was exciting! Even for the novice it was a good show.

For those of you suffering with the same horrible cold that I hear is going around, be well, rest and I’ll catch ya on the upside.

Comments

Popular Posts