The New Year's Eve Party

I’m starting to get suspicious of who came up with this celebration and wondering if it’s some other-worldly creature that finds it amusing to watch us wear goofy hats, spray each other with silly string and drink too much champagne. Or stand around in 10 degree weather with no bathroom and wait for some ball to drop. What’s up with that ball anyway? I thought you don’t want your balls to drop.

I did a video-taped time progression of the New Year’s Eve party I was at. It shows everyone greeting one another, sitting around for several hours with food and drink and suddenly, everyone’s hugging and kissing and loving on each other like long-lost friends that didn’t just spend the past 5 hours together. Its ground hog day disguised as the end-of-the year celebration and we’re stuck in a continuous loop for a period of time. The grocers fattened us up and the liquor store used their potions to confuse you into thinking this is normal.

It’s a celebration of time, another year we can’t get back, and if aliens are watching they’re probably scratching their heads wondering why on earth we do the things we do. Maybe the jokes on us and we’re really just here to entertain them.

Whatever it is, we’ll be at it again next year. So here’s to a healthy and prosperous year!

Comments

Anonymous said…
sounds like you had a good time! heh! we were bowling. i bowled a 104.
Micki Michelle said…
Actually, it was very nice and pretty low-key. I got a private comment asking if I had a nice New Year's Eve because my post may have sounded like I didn't, but I guess that's my dry humor. The couple that had the party always have the most amazing food. I don't eat beforehand so I can goggle up as much as I can. Gotta love those italians and yeah, it was fun and I'm grateful for all the hard work they put into it.
Micki Michelle said…
I meant to mention, the bowling sounds like fun! That's pretty much what I bowl too (on a good day!).
Micki Michelle said…
Goggle = Gobble from my earlier comment. Oops.

Popular Posts