Inauguration Day

The damn inauguration screwed up my daily dose of Oprah. Who does this guy think he is with his elegant speeches, nice smile and toned body? Put Oprah and her round-self back on so we all feel better about ourselves

On Monday Oprah had on actors who are supporting Obama. They started with Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher and later I saw Scarlett Johansson. I couldn’t watch it after that. They were welling up with tears over the new president and the Change that is going to come, and I’m thinking to myself, these people are paid to pretend to be something they’re not, they’re professional pretenders and the last person I want to hear politics from is them. Some of them are brilliant at their craft and I appreciate watching them in movies. Just stick to what you know and please stop annoying us.

I was glued to the radio and television today, fascinated by the human and personal side of this historical day. I listened on the radio in the car and watched it on TV when I could. I wondered what goes through your head when you wake up one morning knowing that within a few hours you’re going to be President of the United States and how you wrap your head around that. And how you explain to your kids that nothing will ever be the same and security will be an ever-present factor in your life, at least for a few years. I wondered if somewhere in the back of your head, you’d question if you were man enough for the job and I wondered if they had sex last night to see if it’s different before-and-after being President and First Lady. My guess is they did.

Comments

Anonymous said…
yeah but aretha franklin has a bad azz hat! go girl!
Micki Michelle said…
I saw that and I'm a big fan of hats and Aretha but come on! What decade did she spring out of?

I'm wondering what stylist approved it. Maybe I have to see it again.

Popular Posts